Beetroot Idli Recipe
Drinking beetroot juice has proven valuable enough in boosting your energy levels. Including beetroot in yours diet, you can increases plasma nitrate levels and boosts physical performance.
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Idli Batter - 1.5 Cup
- Beetroot puree or boiled beetroot paste - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For puree: Grate/Chop beetroot, put it into blender along with 1/2 tbsp chopped green chilli, make smooth puree out of it.
- For boiled beetroot paste: Boil baby beetroot & cut into 4 pieces then put it in a blender make smooth paste with 1/2 tbsp of chopped green chilli.
- Mix beetroot puree or paste with idli batter.
- Make idli as usual.
- Serve hot with choice of your chutney OR shallow fry in a pan with mustard seeds tadka.