Apple Halwa Recipe (Winter Treat)
Custard and Pudding
The list of nutritional value of an apple is long and varied- it is packed with vitamins, (such as vitamin C, vitamin K, Vitamin B6), minerals (such as riboflavin, potassium copper, manganese and magnesium) organic compounds; phytonutrients and flavonoids (such as epicatechin, quercetin and phloridzin).
Apples are also a great source of antioxidants. Eating an apple per day supplies you with about 12% of the daily fibre requirement.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar depending on how sweet the apples are. Use less if the apples are really sweet.
- Mawa/khoya can be added to the halwa to enhance the taste.
- you can add nuts of your choice.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Fresh Apple Puree (grinded apple) - 1.5 cup
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Sugar - 2 Spoon
- Cinnamon powder - 2 Pinches
- Cardamom powder - 2 Pinches
- Nutmeg powder - 1 Pinch - If available
- Sliced almonds, to garnish
- In a pan, heat ghee on medium heat. Once hot, add the apple puree.
- Cook apples till all the water is evaporated, it takes around 7-8 minutes.
- Now, add sugar and mix. Also add cinnamon powder, nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- As the sugar melts, the halwa will again become liquid. Check sweetness at this stage as sweetness depends on apple too.
- Cook for few more minutes, keep stirring continuously. All water should get evaporate. Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.