Almond is a great natural source of zinc, vitamin E and selenium. They are also known to support blood circulation, improve hemoglobin levels and decrease cholesterol levels and thereby, help in the prevention of breast and lung cancer.
Almonds are very satisfying and that is why they are considered the perfect snack item for your healthy diet plan.You must give a try to Creamy Almond Soup (Winter Treat)
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml milk
- 100 gm toasted almonds (powdered)
- 50 gm butter
- 50 gm flour
- To taste-Salt and Pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg*( Jaayephal), Grated
- 2-3 drop almond essence (Optional)
- 10 to 15 toasted almond flakes (For Garnishing)
- In a pan,melt the butter over low heat.
- Add in the flour and milk stirring continuously until a smooth roux is obtained.
- Now add the powdered almonds and lastly add the vegetable stock and simmer gently.
- Add the seasoning(nutmeg) and serve hot garnished with almond flakes.